COVID-19 and Your Oral Hygiene
- Stick to your normal oral hygiene schedule. Brush two times a day for two minutes and floss daily. If you find yourself staying up late or falling asleep on the couch, do your nighttime brushing and flossing earlier in the evening, say right after your dinner or evening snack. This way you won’t have to worry about doing it when you are half asleep.
- If you start to feel sick, switch to a new toothbrush, once you feel better (10-14 days), switch to a new toothbrush again.
- Stick to a nutritional diet and avoid sugars and candy as much as possible. By all means, go and snack when you need to (who doesn’t need to), but put in the time with proper oral hygiene afterwards.
- Great time to start working on flossing with your kids. As soon as their teeth begin to touch you need to start flossing. Make a game out of it or let them floss your teeth and then you floss theirs.
- Saltwater rinses (1 tsp of salt to a cup of warm water) are a great way to help keep your gums healthy and can help dislodge food that may get stuck in between your teeth.
- If you develop pain or sensitivity in your mouth or have a question about your oral health, call or email us so we can help you out.